You know the drill. I give some lyrics, you name the song and artist. No real connection to the songs other than the fact that I listen to and enjoy them to some degree - some I own in various formats, others I may have heard recently on various music stations. Whatever. (Okay, for a change I don't think I've thrown any REAL curveballs, or totally-out-of-mainstream things.) Some are probably much easier than others! But I don't think any are *too* hard/obscure this time.
Ones that have been guessed (at least in part) are in italics.
1. But if your hopes should pass away, simply pretend that you can build them again. - khedron
2. Your secret life of indiscreet discretions
3. 'Cause you had your turn, and now you're gonna learn what it really feels like to miss me. - prince_corwin, although the artist hasn't technically been given.
4. Tired eyes, tears that dried, on the bed, on the pillow, where the love has died
5. Murder now the path called "must we" - dakhran
6. I sailed my ship of safety 'til I sank it. - prodigal
7. If you don't expect too much from me, you might not be let down. - dscotton
8. Can you tell me, is there something more to believe in? Or is this all there is?
9. Chicken in the bread pan, picking out dough. - khedron, although I gotta give some credit at least to prince_corwin who knew the artist at least in another chat, but couldn't think of the song's name.
10. New alien spawn, we reinvent the dawn, and no one's style compares.