1. How old were you in 1980?
2. How old were you in 1989?
Well then, I guess that'd make me 14!
3. Were you a Toys R' US Kid?
No, because we didn't HAVE a Toys R' Us within like a 2 or more hours' drive (still don't).
4. Did you watch Transformers?
Oh hell yeah. Practically religiously.
5. Did you see E.T. on the big screen?
Yes. And yes I cried.
6. Did you own a Lite Bright?
Lite Brite. (leaving desdenova's correction there...
Yup, although the enjoyment factor only lasted for a while, since I didn't tend to get new black sheets all that often.
7. Who is your Favorite Golden Girl?
I think Rose, but then I have a soft spot for Betty White because she loves animals.
8. When someone says "Who you gonna call?"
Oh hells yeah. Saw THAT one in the theater too.
9. What was your favorite toy(S)?
My Little Pony. *sigh* Yes, it's probably sad, but I had TONS of fun with the damn things, and a huuuge collection of both the figures and their playsets.
Yes, why, that WAS probably the most girly thing I did as an actual girl.
10. Did you have a Pogo Ball?
I... don't think so? I'm not sure I even remember what they are.
11. Did you listen to New Kids on the Block?
For a year or so, yes. *sigh* Thanks for bringing THAT memory back up like a bad taco...
12. What New Kid did you have a crush on?
*sigh* Donnie *grumble*
13. Did you play M.A.S.H?
I watched it, but I don't think I ever played it (except for the trivia game). M.A.S.K. now on the other hand...
EDIT: Ooo, in rimrunner's journal I saw an explanation of what it was... yeah, I played that a lot as a kid (along with the folded-up fortune teller that you opened and closed). But in my neck of the woods, it'd been expanded to include a lot of different topics, so I didn't recognize it as just "M.A.S.H."
14. Did you watch The Care Bears?
Sometimes, when I happened to catch it, but not religiously like Transformers, G.I.Joe, etc.
15. Did you have Jelly bracelets?
I think I had a few.
16. Did you have a charm necklace and/or bracelet?
I actually had a nice gold charm bracelet that was a birthday/Christmas/something gift, and I'd get charms for it for a while on holidays. Because it was expensive though, I never really actually wore it. :(
17. Did you have a Glo Worm?
I'm not sure I even know what those are.
18. Did you ever own a slap bracelet?
I... again do not know what those are.
19. The Breakfast Club or Sixteen Candles?
The Breakfast Club, because I never even actually watched the second.
20. Did you have a crazy hair style?
If a rat-tail counts, yes. (basically most of the hair cut short, with one long thin 1/2 or so wide tail of hair in the middle of the back growing longer). I also had the obligatory Poofy 80s Bangs Of Doom.
21. What was your first bike?
No clue, since I was never a big bike rider. Was never very coordinated. It was red, though!
22. Name one thing you still own from your childhood!
Um, I'm sure I have SOME things still... we're packrats in general as a family. Not bringing to mind much that I still actually *use* though. Other than, y'know, furniture and stuff.
23. Did you have a Cabbage Patch Kid?
I had a whole family of them. XD
24. Did you dress like Madonna?
Dress like her? No, I can't say that I did.
25. Rainbow Brite or Strawberry Shortcake?
Out of the two.. probably Strawberry Shortcake, although Rainbow Brite had the cool horse. But I was never into either as much as the Tomboy stuff.
26. Did you watch Miami Vice?
No. And I never thought Don Johnson was All That.
27. Did you own a pair of Jelly Shoes?
I... actually think I remember owning a pair, yes.
28. Did you own a Trapper Keeper?
Hell yes, and the obligatory girly horsie and unicornie folders. *sigh*
29. Atari or Nintendo?
Well Atari first and mainly, since it came first. Eventually Nintendo, although I hardly got any of the cool games for it since I didn't *know* about them (since no one told me, since Girls Don't Play Video Games, ya know). I DID somehow manage to stumble into the Dragon Warrior games though, and played them gleefully.
30. Did you play Pac-Man?
Not Pac-Man really (well, at the arcade a bit), but we did have Ms. Pac-Man. My mom used to be the *big* player of that though.
31. Which was better: Jem or Barbie and the Rockers?
Jem. Never paid much attention to Barbie. Rio was hot, though.
32. He-Man or She-Ra?
He-Man. And Cringer.
33. What movie scared you the most?
Probably Darby O' Gill and the Little People. The banshees scared the living hell outta me as a young'un for some reason.
34. Did you try to dance like Michael Jackson?
Um, tried, vaguely, a bit. Being non-coordinated, it didn't work well.
35. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear "Flux Capacitor"?
"We're gonna go Back! In! Tiii-iiime!"
36. What other colors did Pepsi come in?
Crystal, but that was later.
37. Roger Rabbit or Howard The Duck?
38.Did you ever beg your parents to have your school picture taken with the 'LASER' background?
I'm with desdenova: Um, what?
39. Do you know what the Ninja Rap is?
40. Do you know why people cringe when they hear the word BUCKNER?
41. Can you name the family members from National Lampoons Vacation movies?
Lessee, the Griswalds. Gus.. and... um... shoot. Helen I think? And the two kids, which I'm blanking on despite seeing them tons, but not for a while.
42. Wally-World or Europe?
The first movie was probably better, but Europe is the classier destination. (Just not the way the Griswalds do it...)
43. What was your favorite movie from the 80's?
Um.... yeesh. I was gonna say Watership Down, but that may have been '70s. Also have/had huuuuge soft spots for The Last Unicorn, and Transformers: The Movie. (Sensing a trend, here?)